Your Health & Comfort Is Our Top Priority
Making a big change at any stage in life is sure to result in a significant amount of stress for everyone involved. At Mill City, we aim to ensure the transition to community living is seamless and straightforward. We’ve developed an inviting atmosphere with comfortable ameneties to improve our residents’ health and happiness.
All our practices and programs are consistently updated based on feedback and participation. We’re fully committed to our community and are devoted to providing the highest standard of care possible.
Our Community Programs
All of our residents are unique in their own ways. We encourage them to embrace their individuality and what makes them who they are. Inspire Wellness for Life is a program designed to help our community members maintain a positive quality of life. The program is based around the 7 Dimensions of Wellness, our guiding principles that act as the foundation for everything we do at Tealwood Senior Living.
Our guiding principles are:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Spiritual: Living with meaning and purpose
- Social: Interacting daily with others
- Emotional: Awareness and acceptance of feelings
- Intellectual: Engaging in creative pursuits
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through talents and passion
- Environmental: Respecting and caring for our surroundings
Inspire Wellness for Life helps enrich our residents’ daily lives to improve cognition, reduce pain and falls, and diminish depression symptoms in a uniquely beneficial way.
Our residents suffering from cognitive decline should always be and feel safe and cared for. Our Memory Care and management staff are specially trained to ensure they have the resources and tools necessary to communicate and care for our Memory Care residents.
Enriching Connections is a training program and certification that focuses on enriching the lives of our residents living with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and memory loss. Our goal is for residents to maintain a sense of normalcy and independence in their lives while maintaining a high standard of care.
The program teaches:
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families can choose care plans that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence with the aid of our nursing staff.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is our core program that promotes and maintains the best quality of life.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continual improvements so that every Tealwood community maintains its dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high standards for quality care.
Our Enhanced Care program gives the support needed to our residents who require an enhanced level of care. Through extra-attentive staff, devices, and daily monitoring, residents experience all the comforts of home with the 24/7 care they may require.
Our Enhanced Care services include:
- Advanced respiratory services: Oxygen management, nebulizers, CPAPs, and BiPAPs.
- Enhanced medication management: Sliding scale insulin, coordinating lab results, overseeing medication changes, and adjustments.
- Altered diets: Including pureed and mechanical soft diets.
- Mobility assistance: Using mechanical assistive devices or two-person transfers.
We offer support for individuals looking for a short-term stay. Our Respite & Recovery program is a perfect fit for those needing a place to recover from an illness or injury or simply want to try out community living before fully committing.
The program offers all the same amenities a full-time resident receives so they can focus on recovery. Since Respite & Recovery is only available for short-term stays, customized packages can include:
- A fully furnished suite
- All utilities, except phone
- 3 meals a day
- Emergency response team
- Group activities
- 24-hour on-campus staff
- Continuous wellness checks
- Assistance for personal care, such as bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, eating, and moving
- Medication administration and set-up
- Nurse supervision and monitoring from trained staff
It’s important that our community members have access to customized medication benefits tailored to their specific needs. At Mill City, we aim for our residents to be comfortable, happy, and above all, healthy.
Residents who have suffered illnesses or injuries may have lost essential motor functions that allow them to move around and communicate.
Physical therapy helps our residents regain strength lost due to an injury or illness. Our team focuses on helping them heal and retrain their bodies while always working at a comfortable pace.
Occupational therapy focuses on helping residents regain their independence. We create accessible ways to approach daily activities when they begin to become challenging. By finding effective alternatives, we help our residents avoid falls and injuries so they can do more for themselves.
Speech therapy helps residents who have had a stroke, injury, or illness that has made communicating difficult and frustrating. Our speech therapists help our residents find their voices through vocal exercises that train them to use the right muscles to formulate sounds naturally. We can also help alleviate issues related to swallowing through speech therapy.